>|One item I forgot to mention, that came up when I used pmx2pdf
 >|"out of the box". The dvi image that PMX creates by default is
 >|not centered on any size paper. In the batch script I normally
 >|use at home, the call to dvips explicitly imposes the particular
 >|offsets needed to center the image on letter-size paper. Of
 >|course pmx2pdf did not do that, so the image initially came out
 >|off center. At the time, I fixed that with some inline TeX offset
 >|commands in the PMX source. For others who may have faced the
 >|issue of getting it properly centered, I'll mention that I just
 >|recalled a much simpler way: There's a PMX option that sets up
 >|the offsets automagically, "Acl" for letter-size, and "Ac4" for
 >|a4 paper.

Don: When one installs MiKTeX or TeXLive, one of the parameters
that must be specified is the default papersize. I'd guess that
information is available to programs like pmxab. Certainly dvips
should be using that parameter without you "explicitly imposing"
offsets. In MiKTeX, you can set the default papersize in the
Settings wizard.

Bob T.