>|Not that this really answers your question ??? but it's trivial in
 >|xelatex.

xelatex (and xetex) produce pdf without going through dvi
and ps. So Postscript slurs won't work.

 >|\setmainfont{JazzText}

You'll be able to use alphabetic characters and digits, but
special symbols would require a significant amout of work.

What makes a font a "jazz" font? I'm very suspicious of
fonts downloaded from dubious sites on the internet.
fontforge won't even load that font without one stating that
you have permission to do so, and finds many errors.

My advice is to look for the kind of font you want at a
commercial site like myfonts.com and use it just for text.

Bob