Christian Mondrup wrote:
dsim...@roadrunner.com wrote:
Here are links to the new version of PMX:

http://icking-music-archive.org/software/pmx/pmx272.zip

http://icking-music-archive.org/software/pmx/pmx.zip

pmx272.zip is the Dos/Windows version I put together, while pmx.zip
is one Bob Tennent derived from mine, including both 32- and 64-bit
executables and a TDS compliant directory structure.

I've tried to make it compatible with MusiXTeX 1.21 and in fact have
modified pmx.tex so that it will stop the TeX compilation if the
MusiXTeX version is not 1.21 or higher. And please do not try to use
the new executable with any older pmx.tex.

The main work has been "behind the scenes," trying to get horizontal
spacing correct with multibar and centered full-bar rests, especially
in the presence of key, clef, and meter changes. A full list of
updates appears in the html file in the distribution.

All testing on PMX 2.72 will be greatly appreciated.

Compiled with f2c as installed in my linux environment (Mint 17.3) pmxab
crashes with a segmentation fault. Binaries compiled with gfortran (on
Dons fortran sources) and with gcc (on Bob's c sources) don't crash.

In separate part scores multi bar rests appear as right offset rather
than properly centered.

My test case score is M-tx code. Prepmx converts a multibar rest code to Tex Code, for example

rm3

r9b  /
\\\def\atnextbar{\znotes\mbrest{3}{14}0\en}\
\\\advance\barno2\

If I post edit the pmx file and replace the TeX code with

rm3

like in the base M-tx file then the multi bar rest comes out properly centered

Greetings
--
Christian Mondrup
WIMA: Werner Icking Music Archive