Doing these empirical experiments without digging into the code is kind of
fun. I started wondering whether PMX could do the 16-tuplet in the last bar
of Dieter's example. (I had a vague recollection there was a limit on the
number of notes in an xtuplet...and there is, but it's 24 notes) Anyhow, the
16 notes take up 1/2 beat so are effectively 128th notes. When I first tried
it I mistakenly spread them over 1/4 of a beat (g1x16 ...), making them
effectively 256th notes, and believe it or not, PMX didn't choke but
produced a beamed qroup with SIX beams! I may not be able to resist seeing
if I can carry this any further.

--Don