>  >|But I'm still puzzled why I didn't have to worry about  >|this before.
I don't
> think I've made any changes that  >|would affect this in PMX or pmx.tex,
but
> has anything  >|changed in musixtex.tex in the last few years that would
> >|have affected the centering?
>
> I don't think so. Perhaps your TeX configuration has changed from letter
> paper to A4?

Bob, first of all, thanks so much for your prompt replies. What you
suggested could be the problem, but I'm still not sure. Here's what I know.
By default, PMX sets \vsize and \hsize  for letter, and no offsets. That
used to be OK, but now leads to the off center .ps I posted. Long ago I had
built in a special option (Ac4) in PMX for a4. It puts in \hsize, \vsize,
and the \hoffset and \voffset I worked out at the time for a4, I believe
assuming that dvips would be run with the -ta4 option. I just now put the
Ac4 option in the .pmx, PMX'd and TeX'd it, and ran dvips with -ta4.
Bingo...nicely centered .ps, horizontally and vertically.

Any idea how to change the TeX configuration to assume letter size paper?

--Don