Den 21.05.2021 kl. 16.13 skrev dsim...@roadrunner.com:
Christian Mondrup wrote
Den 21.05.2021 kl. 13.56 skrev Bob Tennent:
|Processed in my environment | |Linux Mint 20.1 |TeXLive 2021 |PMX 2.94 |MusiXTeX 1.32 |Musixflx-0.83.3.lua7 | |the score is
clearly misaligned, see the attached .ps file

Christian:  When you installed TeXLive 2021, did you set the
paper option to A4?

Yes, I did

Do you get different behavior if you use texconfig to set the
paper size to letter?

to me the misalignment is the same whether texlive paper is set to
letter or a4. See the attached .ps results and the shell script,

Christian Mondrup

Thanks very much for your feedback, Christian. The results are all
consistent with what I'm seeing and --- I believe --- what Bob saw
earlier. I do have good news, though, and a request for a further
test. It turns out there's already an option in PMX that causes the
proper offsets for letter size paper to be inserted into the TeX
file: Acl. Could you or Bob or both try inserting that into
centtest.pmx near the beginning and checking? The numbers differ by 2
pt from what I had just recently worked out manually. Not that it
makes much difference, but could you suggest whether I should revise
the PMX option or leave it as is?

Setting the option Acl centers the score visually perfect whether texconfig assigns 'letter' or 'a4' to 'paper.

Best wishes
--
Christian Mondrup
WIMA: Werner Icking Music Archive