On 6/10/2016 1:23 AM, Jagath AR wrote:
Hi Nasser,
The error in your MWE case is due to undefined "\PRE" command, which should
be "/PRE".

Regards
Jagath

Opps, sorry about that. Too much latex \\\\ and for second forgot about
HTML uses //// ;)  Ok, so PRE do not give error. But PRE is not really
what I wanted, I meant that as an example. I still can't get
the actual real HTML environment itself setup to work. This is what
I am trying to do:

----------------------------------
\documentclass[12pt]{book}%
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{listings}
\usepackage{fancyvrb}

\ifdefined\HCode
  \newenvironment{code}
  { %something is not working here
     \ScriptEnv{html}
       {\NoFonts\hfill\break}
       {\EndNoFonts}
       \begin{html}
  }
  {
      \end{html}   %should this be \HCode{\end{html}}?
  }
\else
  \lstnewenvironment{code}
  {\lstset{language=matlab}}
  {}
\fi

\begin{document}
\begin{code}
X=10;
y=5;
\end{code}
\end{document}
---------------------

I am using CVR method here
http://tug.org/pipermail/tex4ht/2013q3/000823.html

On how to insert raw HTML directly. The idea is what, when
compiled to HTML, I'll get the source code in HTML. I still
need to add more HTML code to the above to make it work,
add class="" and load the javascript library, but if I can
get the HTML to even generate, with the code inside it,
then the rest is easy. The above does not compile now,
I think because newenvironment does not like what it sees there
and I am getting the syntax right or it simply can't be
done like this.

---------------------------------------
(/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/html4.4ht)
(/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/html4-math.4ht))
(./foo2.aux) (/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/t1cmtt.fd))
Runaway argument?
 ^^MX=10;^^M\end{code}^^M\end{document}^^M
! File ended while scanning use of \:temp.
<inserted text>
                \par
<*> ...}\makeatother\HCode .a.b.c.\input  foo2.tex
? x
No pages of output.

Thank you,
Nasser