On 8/19/2018 6:53 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:

I've made a new version of dvisvgm-hashes.lua. It compresses
consecutive page ranges, so it shouldn't crate such long page lists.
Moreover, if GNU Make is available on the system, it makes a Makefile,
which calls dvisvgm only on subset of pages (64 by default) and it
calls it in parallel (thanks to Reinhard for this idea). It should
speed up the compilation in theory, although I am not sure from my
tests that it really works in practise.

I got the chance now to try it.

It still hangs for me. Does it not hang on your system?

I've put a zip file with all you code, using your new dvisvgm-hashes.lua
and a large latex file to try it on. The zip contains:

ls -lrt
total 1892
-rwxrwxrwx 1 me me    6548 Aug 20 00:11 dvisvgm-hashes.lua
-rwxrwxrwx 1 me me    5279 Aug 20 00:11 dvireader.lua
-rwxrwxrwx 1 me me     181 Aug 20 00:11 new.mk4
-rwxrwxrwx 1 me me 1917634 Aug 20 00:20 try.tex
drwxrwxrwx 1 me me    4096 Aug 20 00:20 input_latex

Then I typed

make4ht -um draft -e new.mk4 try.tex svg

And it hangs like before, same place. I waited for like
10 minutes,  as I was not sure if it was thinking or just
hanged, but nothing happens.

Here is the zip file

https://www.12000.org/tmp/08182018/STAGGING.zip

Unzipping it, will create folder STAGGING/ and it has the
above content in it. If you like me to try something else
please let me know.

Thank you
--Nasser