From: vivb...@att.net
Sent: October 23, 2013 8:27 AM
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Poison-ivy

   If you're in Texas, it's Poison Ivy. Poison Oak grows on the West coast. the
leaf and habit is pretty different, but still 3 leaflets per leaf, and
variable. Poison Ivy forms a vine more, but will also form a bush.
     best way to prevent it is wash and wash and wash again with a good oil
cutting soap. I use dawn or the brand "technu" which is specific for poison
ivy. If you're getting new breakout bumps, then you haven't washed it all off
yet. Half frozen wet paper towels feel really good on it.
     No one is immune to poison ivy. For some people it takes more exposure.
The more you are exposed to it, the more sensitive you become.  You cannot
develop an immunity.
Vivian Loftin