From: "Gill Edigar" <gi...@att.net>
Sent: October 23, 2013 8:51 AM
To: vivb...@att.net
Cc: texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Poison-ivy

I forgot to mention an apocryphal story regarding my East Texas cousins who
were Piney Woods squirrel hunters in their youth and often came home with
poison ivy lesions. My aunt used an old procedure that involved my cousins
taking a certain number (which I don't remember) of ripe poison ivy seeds
by mouth for several (again, I don't remember how many) days. They were,
reportedly, cured of their sensitivity to poison ivy--or, at least, it was
greatly diminished.
--Ediger