Some years back in Powell's cave we were hoping to find a shorter route to
the stream passage via the maze. We didn't find any dig sites that looked
promising but we did note some scratch marks about 4' up on the wall that
looked like a small animal was trying to get out of the water as they all
were in a horizontal line. If that was the case then that means there was
water pretty high in the cave, In retrospect maybe it was just bat marks
but the line was very straight with no projections to grab on to....Steve