This last summer I crawled through the bowels of an abandoned WWII army
fort out in Resurrection Bay Alaska (abandonned 1944).  The roof was
covered with soda staws along cracks in the ceiling, some 3-4 inches long.
Important to note that soda straw growth is only possible during the summer
as winter temperatures will stop the mineral water flow.

Cheers,

-Brian

--
Brian Riordan