This is terrible news! Poor Pete. I am so sorry to hear this. Please give him
my regards.

Bill

Sent by iPhone

On Oct 5, 2012, at 9:21 AM, Logan McNatt <lmcn...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

I'm posting this on behalf of Pete Strickland, for those of you who have not
heard the news.  Most of you know Pete, and probably have been in his famous
hot tub at Texas caver events and NSS Conventions over the last several decades.

Pete slipped on his wet bathroom floor last Monday night (Oct 1st), took a hard
fall, and fractured the head of his right femur.  He is in the Round Rock
Hospital (just north of Austin) and is scheduled for at least a week of
"excruciating" (his words) physical therapy before he can go home.  His wife
Jocie Hooper (a RN) and sons Colin and Evan are taking turns to be with him.
Just talked to Jocie who said he won't be able to put any weight on the right
leg for a month.  When Colin made the announcement on Wed at the UT Grotto
meeting, there was much concern about Pete, most of it regarding the
possibility that he would not be able to bring his hot tub to the upcoming
Texas Caver Reunion Oct 19-21.  Although he probably will not be there, his
sons plan to bring the hot tub, and will appreciate help in setting it up.

Logan