http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagas_disease

The primary wildlife reservoirs for *Trypanosoma cruzi* in the United
States include opossums <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opossum>,
raccoons<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raccoon>,
*armadillos <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armadillo>*,
squirrels<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel>,
woodrats <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodrat> and
mice<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mice>
.[37]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagas_disease#cite_note-Karsten92-36>Opossums
are particularly important as reservoirs, because the parasite can
complete its life cycle in the anal glands of the animal without having to
re-enter the insect
vector.[37]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagas_disease#cite_note-Karsten92-36>Recorded
prevalence of the disease in opossums in the U.S. ranges from 8.3%
[37] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagas_disease#cite_note-Karsten92-36>to
37.5%.
[38] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagas_disease#cite_note-Barr91-37>

Studies on raccoons in the Southeast have yielded infection rates ranging
from 47%[39] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagas_disease#cite_note-38> to
as low as
15.5%.[37]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagas_disease#cite_note-Karsten92-36>Armadillo
prevalence studies have been described in Louisiana, and range
from a low of
1.1%[38]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagas_disease#cite_note-Barr91-37>to
28.8%.
[40] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagas_disease#cite_note-39>Additionally,
small rodents, including squirrels, mice and rats, are
important in the sylvatic transmission cycle because of their importance as
bloodmeal sources for the insect vectors. A Texas study revealed 17.3%
percent *T. cruzi* prevalence in 75 specimens representing four separate
small rodent
species.[41]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagas_disease#cite_note-40>