Maybe this would be a good opportunity to ask about exploring caves on Mars.

Geary

From: Banner, Jay L [mailto:ban...@jsg.utexas.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 7:09 AM
Subject: Oct 27 Hot Science - Cool Talks: Astronauts, Robots & Rocks!

On Thursday October 27, ESI's Hot Science - Cool Talks Outreach Series will be
hosting an evening of astronauts, robots, and rocks!  Come hear UT-Austin
geologist Dr. Mark Helper talk about his collaborations with NASA roboticists
and share stories about training astronauts for geological field work on other
planets.  And come early participate in our science festival, featuring
interactive learning activities for all ages. Check out
http://youtu.be/WsjKv3y5-mY for a video preview now!

We hope you can join us!

Astronauts, Robots and Rocks: Preparing for Geological Planetary Exploration
Featuring Dr. Mark Helper
Thursday, October 27th
All-Ages Science Festival  from 5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Lecture begins @ 7:00 p.m.
Welch Hall, UT-Austin Campus
(map<http://www.utexas.edu/maps/main/buildings/wel.html>)

Can't make it to campus for the event?  Check out the live webcast and ask Dr.
Helper questions with the rest of the crowd online at http://bitly.com/piPLuY.

Feel free to contact us at e...@esi.utexas.edu<mailto:e...@esi.utexas.edu> with
questions, or visit the Hot Science Cool Talks website at
www.HotScienceCoolTalks.org<http://www.HotScienceCoolTalks.org> for more
information.  And we hope to see you there!

Environmental Science Institute | The University of Texas at Austin | 1
University Station C9000 | Austin, TX  78712 | Tel:  (512) 471-5847 | Fax:
(512) 232-1913 | e...@esi.utexas.edu<mailto:e...@esi.utexas.edu> |