From: Mixon Bill [mailto:bmixon...@austin.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:41 PM
To: Cavers Texas
Subject: [Texascavers] BOG weekend

I'd like to agree that the arrangements for the NSS BOG meeting and
associated parties were very good. Thanks especially for Louise and
Paul for the party site and serving breakfast on Sunday to some of us
who crashed at their house. Cavers (and the mosquitoes of the
Houstopolis area) were well fed during the party. Rice campus very
nice. I'd never been there. They evidently got started with enough
land, and didn't get hemmed in like the UT Austin campus. Lots of
green lawns, huge parking lots around the stadium, etc. Glad, though,
that the Posse doesn't charge as much for beer as the Ginger Man, a
similar near-campus pub, does.

I've attended very few BOG meetings since I was actually on the board,
but I imagine this one was one of the most successful in years in
terms of getting to meet local cavers. There were hardly any Texas
cavers in the audience at the meeting itself. I don't especially blame
them, but they missed Bill Liebman accidentally voting against one of
his own motions. And another of his motions going down 1 for and 15
opposed.
--Mixon
I believe there are
15,747,724,136,275,002,577,605,653,961,181,555,
468,044,717,914,527,116,709,366,231,425,076,185,
631,031,296 protons in the universe and the same number of electrons.-
Sir Arthur Eddington
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org