PC? There was no PC in 1966-67 as we know it nowadays. Get a grip.

Oct 25, 2011 01:47:13 PM, egels...@satx.rr.com wrote:

This method of the static drinker is just another example of PC taking the fun out of the game.

The blood alcohol content of the riders directly affected the outcome of the race.

THAT WAS THE POINT.

Ed

From: tbsam...@verizon.net [mailto:tbsam...@verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:42 PM
To: power_lou...@hotmail.com
Cc: cavera...@aol.com; texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: RE: [Texascavers] BOG weekend

One of my high school's National Merit Scholars was a math whiz and a HUGE guy. He was the passive "drinker" for his team and they won every year.

Oct 25, 2011 01:39:01 PM, power_lou...@hotmail.com wrote:

The idea of the "Beer/Bike Race" was to chug a beer and bike around the course as fast as possible. Part of the winning strategy was being able to chug a beer faster than the other racers. Each college had a team and each team had a strategy for chugging. The most popular one involved sticking a large funnel into the mouth of the racer and then poking a hole in the bottom of the open beer can so that it all came out in one big gulp. Later, because of some really gory accidents, the teams had drinkers and riders. The riders couldn't leave the starting gate until the empty beer can had been discarded. The drinkers "practiced" all year long so that they could open up their throats and the beer would go right through without drowining them.