The AMCS has received the following query about a cave with an ancient Maya wall that was featured in a (Russian, I assume) TV show. I have replied that I have no idea which cave that might have been, and I included a PDF attachment of the article on Balancanche from AMCS Activites Newsletter 27 (2004), which is probably the most famous example of a cave with a wall behind which archaeologists found a lot of neat stuff. If anybody can help Vacheslav about the TV program, please do. I don't know whether the movie was made just for Russian TV or was something imported that you might have seen over here. I have seen no such video, but then I don't even have a TV.
--Mixon

Begin forwarded message:

From: Вячеслав Бабышев <vachesla...@mail.ru>
Date: April 26, 2011 8:51:15 AM CDT
To: edi...@amcs-pubs.org
Subject: ASSOCIATION FOR MEXICAN CAVE STUDIES

Hello! I have a question about the Mayan archeology. In the mid 90's. I watched an interesting TV show. In it a group of people studied karst systems in the Yucatan. In the most profound and far from the surface of the cave they found a small, stuffy stones input (such as having the right kind of masonry), supposedly leading to the lower world (or sanctuary) Maya. This entry is supposed walled Mayan priests to keep out [of] a sacred space aliens (such as Spanish) when they invaded their land. Log razmurovyvat did not. On this TV show has ended. Information about this entry, I never found it. If you know something, please tell us: what was this cave and to actually lead this entry? Thank you in advance.

I'm walking down the street with Leonardo da Vinci. He says, "Yes, the things your science has created are indeed wonderful. You must explain to me how everything works." That's when I wake up.
You may "reply" to the address this message
came from, but for long-term use, save:
Personal: bmi...@alumni.uchicago.edu
AMCS: edi...@amcs-pubs.org or sa...@amcs-pubs.org