If you have Google Toolbar <http://www.google.com/toolbar/> installed, you can easily get Google to automatically translate Danish to English for you. It's a machine translation, of course, but in this case it's mostly pretty readable.

Mark Minton

At 01:32 PM 4/26/2011, Allan Cobb wrote:

In 2001, I was on a project to "open a wall in a Maya cave to discover the secrets that were hidden behind it" that was chronicled by Danish TV and newspaper through the DK Explorer. Unfortunately, we were not able to get permission from the village to enter the cave. It added lots of drama as we negotiated with the village to get in. That whole fiasco was an adventure and story in itself.

You can find a little more information at http://templehunter.dk/photo.htm if you scroll down to Ekspeditionen i 2001. I hope your Danish is good but you can see some photos there and might even recognize some Texas cavers. The rest of the website (http://templehunter.dk/) chronicles the adventures of the great Danish explorer Christian Christianson who travels to Guatemala in search of temples and caves. Christian is mostly a legend in his own mind but he does have a website and managed to come up with some money for us to work with for a while. There may be some information archived in DK Explorer website but having knowledge of Danish would help.

Allan
----- Original Message -----
From: Mixon Bill
To: Cavers Texas
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:13 PM
Subject: [Texascavers] TV show featuring a cave with Maya wall ??

The AMCS has received the following query about a cave with an ancient Maya wall that was featured in a (Russian, I assume) TV show. I have replied that I have no idea which cave that might have been, and I included a PDF attachment of the article on Balancanche from AMCS Activites Newsletter 27 (2004), which is probably the most famous example of a cave with a wall behind which archaeologists found a lot of neat stuff. If anybody can help Vacheslav about the TV program, please do. I don't know whether the movie was made just for Russian TV or was something imported that you might have seen over here. I have seen no such video, but then I don't even have a TV.
--Mixon

Begin forwarded message: