We are IN Terlingua, dealing with the things that became broken, loosened, or
not quite functional in our absence. (What do we have to fix THIS time!!).

We have yet to see Blair and Jean, but expect to, soon.   They seem to be well
established in their "new" old house on the Creek in Alpine, not far from the
bookstore.

The second-hand reports I get are mixed.   From:

Blair is doing good.

Blair looks very frail.

It may take a while before he figures out who you are.

Blair still cannot read or write.

(That is obviously not correct, as he does correspond with short E-mail
messages.   See Below.)

BUT, he sure tells stories well!!!

(THAT, fortunately, has not change!)

So we will see.

We just missed his birthday party at the Villa.

Blair's sister Sue, his lifetime friend Ced Snyder, Sean McPherson and Greg
Smith brought Blair and Jean back down to the Villa next to Terlingua Sink to
celebrate his 76th birthday.

His photographer friend from old Houston days, Clayton McKee, came and has
posted photos to look through.

http://rcmckee.com/Galleries/index.php/Blair

I see locals Terry Anderson, Ring Huggins, Cynta de Navaez, Clyde Replogle and
others in the images.

Blair has a new email address

pittmanbl...@yahoo.com

He corresponds and   I am sure he would be glad to hear from old friends.

Dirt Doc