I use a passcard to travel. You can see the RFD chip embedded in it.  It came
with a lead or aluminum lined sleeve. I was advised always to use this in my
wallet. You can't opt-out of that, but, for credit cards, at least for now, you
can with some. I returned a credit card and opted out of the RFD chip.  It's
always crazy or funny until it happens to you or someone you know. I knew
someone who was embroiled in an identity theft scandal. She couldn't even apply
for financial aid for school because someone got a hold of her social security
number. Another friend is wanted in Florida for a moving violation she didn't
commit. Difference here is that it is obvious that they are of different races.
It's a pain in the ass to try to straighten something like this out.
  Best thing is to be cautious. A small piece of aluminum foil isn't that big a
deal. Been doing it with my passcard for years when I go to Canada.
     Just be glad someone hasn't said that it's mandatory to embed a chip in
you. We already do it with animals. Children?
          And no, this is not that far fetched. The technology is already here
for that. Cell phones are tracked automatically so you don't have to give the
location when you dial 911. This has been a mandatory feature on cell phones
for a number of years. Cars will soon have a mandatory "black box" in them.
Either you roll with it, or move to an Inuit village…..
          Carl…….