Strange - last year when we had the Fort Stanton Live military ball there all
the lights worked and there have been no major functions since then.

The friends group has a bunch of oil lanterns if those would help.

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Peerman [mailto:gypca...@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:43 AM
To: Mailing List for SWR <s...@caver.net>
Subject: [SWR] A new wrinkle in the SWR 50th celebration

Hi all,
        We just found out this morning that most of the lights in the dining
area of the cafeteria are not working.  We're working on trying to resolve the
problem, but we may end up relying on some sort of portable lighting.  If any
of you have suitable portable lights, lamps, etc., that you could bring along,
it might be useful.  How about carbide lamps on each table? . . . . . maybe not!

Steve Peerman

didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from
the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    attributed to Mark Twain, but no record exists of his having written this.