On March 3rd and 4th we will be looking for caves in the hills and canyons
of Government Canyon. If the trails are dry we will be surveying and
exploring caves. We'll probably also be digging in sinks. These are all
things that cavers like to do so come on out and help.

We meet at 9:00 in the parking lot of the Volunteer/Research Station.
Directions are below. Let me know if you plan to camp.

Find the intersection of U.S. 16 and Loop 1604 in northwest Bexar County
(clearly shown on any state highway map). Drive 2 miles north on U.S. 16 to
the third traffic light and turn left onto FM 1560 (there is a Shell station
on the corner). Follow 1560 for 3 miles till you see the sign for GCSNA.
Follow the arrow to the right and drive 2 more miles to the sharp left turn
in the road. The gate to GCSNA is straight ahead. Enter at the gate and then
take the first right. There is an unlocked gate that will need to be opened
and then closed behind you. Continue to the Volunteer/Research Station,
where we will meet.

Marvin Miller
(210) 415-5190