Don,

Any type of silicone grease will likely work for any application requiring waterproofing. I think they're all waterproof by nature. As far as I know, no silicone grease will actually conduct electricity. Rather, they just do not hinder it.

Mark

At 01:09 PM 6/14/2011, Don Cooper wrote:
Can the same grease be used on silicone o-rings and seals?
(ie. things not necessarily needing to conduct electricity)

-WaV

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Bill Bentley <ca...@caver.net> wrote:
Do I need to bring free tubes of Dialectirc Silicone Grease to TCR?

----- Original Message ----- tFrom: Andy Gluesenkamp
To: Mark Minton ; texascavers@texascavers.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Headlamp question

I second everything that Mark said below about the StenLight. A dab of dielectric grease on the connector seems to do the trick. Exceptional customer service. They sent me a waterproof battery pack at one point but the thing is pretty bulky compared to the standard pack and won't stay on the helmet using the velcro they provide. I just strap it down like every other battery pack.

Andrew G. Gluesenkamp, Ph.D.
700 Billie Brooks Drive
Driftwood, Texas 78619
(512) 799-1095