Attention Cavers....

The dates are set for the next Honey Creek Cave Tank Haul and we need your
help to haul dive/cave camp gear on *January 24th* and *January 31st*. I am
recruiting volunteers so please contact me off list with what dates you
would like to participate.

It's been less than a year since the last major exploration effort in Honey
Creek and now the divers are back for more, this time with two extra
divers. In 2015, Dr. Jean Krejca, James Brown, David Moore and Matt Turner
will embark upon their journey to explore the furthest reaches of the cave
and we will need even more help than before, like 50-60 people!

We can use all types of skill and fitness levels if you are up to the
challenge. At no point will you be underwater, diving or cave camping.

Honey Creek Cave is the longest cave in Texas at over 20 miles long. The
legendary Tank Haul trip includes walking, salamandering, crawling, and
"The Mud and The Crud". The trip is challenging but very fun. Some people
have done the trip in and out in as few as 4 hours, others take their time
and take up to 12 hours. Average pace takes 8-10 hours round trip.

GEAR: Honey Creek Cave is a water cave and you will need a wetsuit and
harness with d-ring to be lowered on cable down a 145ft man-made shaft.
Bring a helmet and small pack for storing personal gear like lights,
batteries plenty of water and snacks. I recommend wearing sturdy lace-up
shoes, knee pads, elbow pads, and gloves. I also recommend storing supplies
in a watertight container like a nalgene bottle. The packs of group gear
shouldn't weigh more than 30 pounds.

Come one weekend or both!

Please don't hesitate to contact me for more information,

Ellie
509-899-0007

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/695975567146293/