I am still sort-of optimistic that cavers will someday find a use for
Google+, as either a supplement to Facebook, or a replacement.

There are 2 NSS sites on Google+.      One is the official page of the NSS
that only sends out official news announcements, and the
other is sort of a chat-page where cavers can post whatever they want.

The chat-page now has 99 members, but I have no idea how many of those
actually
view it.

https://plus.google.com/communities/100328245514364040731

I did not create the chat-page, but I had been following it because I
thought it was a great idea.

The official page now has 626 likes, and over 300 people have it in their
Google circles.   I bet almost all of those are cavers, but many are
overseas.      I haven't been following the page for a few months, but that
is only because I have not been on-line much lately.

https://plus.google.com/111610247864593899054/about

Both of these pages link to one another.      There have been some good
photos posted of the remodeling of the NSS Headquarters.      What is
really great about these 2 pages is the regional caving announcements that
are posted.       This helps organizers of these events, and helps cavers
learn about events they were un-aware of.    For example, I have never
heard of the YTR.

http://www.youngtimersreunion.com/

David Locklear