Dear Friends,

The abstract deadline for the Sinkhole Conference has been moved from 15
August 2012 to 31 August 2012. The Organizing Committee realized that the
original deadline was only a day after the Geological Society of America
Convention deadline, plus many faculty may not be back in time from their
summer travels and research. The new deadline still provides us enough time
to work with the authors to assure the continued publication of quality
papers in the proceedings, and that the proceedings are ready and
distributed at the conference.

The new deadline also applies to students applying for the Dr. Barry F. Beck
Sinkhole Conference Student Scholarship. We hope many students will apply.
Professors, please encourage your students! This conference series is an
excellent learning opportunity and chance to meet potential colleagues and
employers.