Heather/Tommy Joe,

I do like the idea of tamales, but do we have enough time and manpower to make
them? (I've never made them so have no clue, I just have this feeling...).

Perhaps some of the tamale mixture can be served by the spoonful and not
wrapped in the corn husks; could the mixture be made during the week before and
kept cool so that it can be warmed (or cooked, I guess) on the day?

TCR is 2-and-a-bit days long - arrive Friday, leave Sunday as early as one can
get away. For me that really turns into 3 days+
Yes, the big feed is Saturday - 350-400ppl. It's usually at 6pm, but we need
about an hour beforehand to feed the cooks and servers and prepare the serving
setup. TerryH has to work late and so won't be arriving until afternoon
Saturday...

DOES ANYONE WANT TO VOLUNTEER TO BE MY 2ND IN COMMAND, THEN. Because of his
schedule it's gonna be hard for Terry to cover this as well as he has done, so
we'd like another volunteer please :-)

The cost per person has been increased slightly - $5. This will cover
finger-food for the waiting line, main course(s), dessert(s) and soft drinks.

Can you cost out your proposed dish for 100ppl please, Tommy Joe?  (Anyone else
proposing a dish please can you cost out for 20ppl and I'll scale as
appropriate).

(We attempted to roast a pig last year Tommy Joe, unfortunately with broken
down trucks requiring multiple trips back and forth to Austin it was started
late and so wasn't ready for dinner. I have been assured that won't happen
again, if we get another pig...).

Cheers,
Stefan