texascavers Digest 12 Sep 2012 19:27:13 -0000 Issue 1625

Topics (messages 20683 through 20693):

Re: Knee Pads
        20683 by: Fofo
        20684 by: dirtdoc.comcast.net
        20685 by: Alex Sproul

Paradise Canyon
        20686 by: Kurt L. Menking
        20687 by: Mark.Alman.L-3com.com

Help wanted for group cave tours at Colorado Bend State Park, October 27th
        20688 by: rafal kedzierski

Re: camera questions
        20689 by: Geary Schindel

TSS work session
        20690 by: Ron Ralph

Re: [PBSS] September Meeting Notes
        20691 by: Bill Bentley
        20692 by: Kurt L. Menking
        20693 by: Joe Ranzau

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-subscr...@texascavers.com>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        <texascavers-digest-unsubscr...@texascavers.com>

To post to the list, e-mail:
        <texascavers@texascavers.com>

--- Begin Message ---
Dirty Dave's or Crawldaddies.

http://www.dirty-dave.com/
http://crawldaddies.com/

- Fofo

On 10/09/12 13:20, James Jasek wrote:
What are the most comfortable knee pads made to wear on the outside of
clothing.

James Jasek

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---

Get off it!!  We ALL know that no true cavers wear knee pads!!

DirtDoc

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On 10 Sep 2012 at 15:20, James Jasek wrote:
What are the most comfortable knee pads made to wear on the outside of
clothing.

Crawldaddies
or
Dirty Dave's

Alex

--
Alex Sproul
NSS 8086RL/FE

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
An article in the San Antonio paper says they closed the gates at Medina dam:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Medina-Lake-dam-gates-shut-in-effort-to-keep-some-3854566.php

Check out the pictures and you'll see a large sinkhole that is normally
underwater.  There is also a very nice shot of Paradise Canyon.

I just talked to the owner of Paradise Canyon and he said the leaks around the
dams, and the springs along the banks of Paradise Canyon are still flowing very
well.  The river is clean and clear as always.  See you all at TCR this year.

Kurt

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Thanks for the update on Paradise Canyon, Kurt.

FWIW, I think that PC is the best TCR location that I have ever visited
and would like to see it remain there for several years.

I haven't been to all 30+ TCR's but, PC is much better than Flat Creek
Ranch, Honeycreek, and the ATV Park we had it at.

It's a long drive from Dallas, but, heck, they're all a long way from
Dallas!

Just my 1/50th of a dollar. Please send a SASE if you'd like a refund!

Mark

An article in the San Antonio paper says they closed the gates at Medina
dam:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Medina-Lake-dam-gate
s-shut-in-effort-to-keep-some-3854566.php

Check out the pictures and you'll see a large sinkhole that is normally
underwater.  There is also a very nice shot of Paradise Canyon.

I just talked to the owner of Paradise Canyon and he said the leaks
around the dams, and the springs along the banks of Paradise Canyon are
still flowing very well.  The river is clean and clear as always.  See
you all at TCR this year.

Kurt

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi all,

This is Rafal Kedzierski, one of DFW cavers. Recently, I joined Friends of the
Colorado Bend State Park,
volunteer group dedicated to helping the park. At the request of the
park, we are looking to organize several group cave tours for visitors on
Saturday, October 27th,
through several of more tour friendly caves, like Circurina, Sweet, Lemons
Ranch Caves. I'm looking for few good cavers to help with the effort. Knowledge
of park is helpful but not necessary - I anticipate having at least 2 guides on
every tour - just interest and caving experience.

Stay at the conference center or caver's camp for the weekend included. I
anticipate some extracurricular caving activity afterwards as well.

Email me back if interested.

Rafal Kedzierski

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Guys,

Thanks for the advice, I ended up getting a Canon T3i and I'm real happy with
it.  Used it for a road trip from Oregon, down the California Coast, through
S.F., to Yosemite, Mono Lake, Bishop, Death Valley, to Vegas and on to
Flagstaff were we left Aspen.

Got it from B&H Photo and they delivered it in time for the trip.  Just bought
the camera body as I already had the lens.

Thanks for all the advice.

Geary

From: Ormsby, Matthew A<mailto:matthew.orm...@usoncology.com>
To: p...@caver.net<mailto:p...@caver.net> ;
s...@caver.net<mailto:s...@caver.net> ;
geulves...@gmail.com<mailto:geulves...@gmail.com> ;
laura.e.l...@gmail.com<mailto:laura.e.l...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:50 AM

[...]

The issue I saw is that someone made a custom google map with the cave
location and left it public.  I use the custom maps for work or caving
trips all the time.  The key is to make them private.  You can still share
the maps but your locations and what not will not show up for the public to
see.  The quickest resolution might be to find the map owner (Bill is on
it) and get them to make the map private.

Joe

--- End Message ---