Dear Friends

Just a few minutes ago the Sinkhole Conference Organizing Committee decided
to extend the deadline, for abstracts for students only and for student
applications for the Barry F. Beck Sinkhole Conference Student Scholarship,
to the end of September. We have received many excellent abstracts for the
Sinkhole Conference in general, but with lower registration prices plus this
new scholarship, we are trying to encourage as many students as possible to
attend. The Sinkhole Conference is a great way for students considering a
career in cave and karst science to meet potential colleagues and employers,
as well as to learn a great amount of cutting-edge information on karst
environmental management.

For more information on the Beck Scholarship, to register for the
conference, and for students to send abstracts and applications, go to
http://www.nckri.org/sinkholeconference2013. Again, the deadline has been
extended only for students through 30 September 2012. If you do not see
these changes on the website, it is because we just made the decision; the
website will be updated soon.

George

***************************

George Veni, Ph.D.

Executive Director

National Cave and Karst Research Institute

400-1 Cascades Avenue

Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215  USA

Office: 575-887-5517

Mobile: 210-863-5919