From: Herman Miller <her...@cavechat.org>
To: tbsamsel <tbsam...@verizon.net>
Cc: bmixon002 <bmixon...@austin.rr.com>; texascavers
<texascavers@texascavers.com>
Sent: Tue, Oct 18, 2011 4:53 am
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] a cool caver-type project

I am not for or against but I just feel the changing environment around the hot
tub is a sign of a changing demographic of the "Texas Caver.". I noticed a few
years ago the "Aggie explosion" that began a changing of the guards if you
would.  While the ASS represents a growing percentage of Texas cavers, they
also represent a group of cavers that are both casual and transient.  I feel
the large influx has eroded some of the tradition that being a Texas Caver
represents.  For the casual Caver they may never know what it's like to come
out of a cave soaking wet on new years day with your only care being to get out
of your wet muddy clothes and to get warm or to get to the one point in your
cave trip where you have to cross that near sump where it would be completely
pointless to get everything wet.

I think we should welcome every caver with open arms....well not the best words
but you understand.  We all eventually cave to the greater culture which is
that of the Texas Caver!!!