simple fried okra, un-battered.
Here is the same recipe set for the small amount of only 75 people (Many folk do not like okra)

Ingredients

    2-1/3 cups olive oil
    12-1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
    25 cloves garlic, minced
    50 cups fresh okra, ends trimmed and halved lengthwise
    salt to taste
    ground black pepper to taste
    12-1/2 limes, juiced

Directions

1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. 2. Add the okra, salt, and pepper. Increase the heat to high; cook and stir until the okra begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Pour the lime juice over the okra and continue cooking for 2 minutes.

Terry H.