From: David [mailto:dlocklea...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 10:53 AM
To: Clint Ladd; Lyndon Tiu; Fritz Holt; Syd Formanek; Dorothy Mladenka;
cavera...@aol.com; hose; Keith Goggin; Lisa Goggin; David Locklear; Sheryl
Rieck; Charles Fromen
Subject: NSS caving related

Dear caving friends,

The National Speleological Society holds its annual Board of Governors
meeting at different places each
year.

They are quickly searching for a place for the fall 2011 meeting.

My good caving friend, RD Milhollin, of Dallas, is ramrodding the
planning committee to get the meeting in Texas.

He has possibly narrowed down to locations.

1 )    Austin

2 )   Northeast Houston ( near Intercontinental Airport )

I believe they a commitment from the host by the end of the NSS
Convention which means in less than
a month.

I would be willing to volunteer to meet people at the airport and
drive them to their hotels and the meeting place.

I would be willing to search for a meeting room.

But that is about all I think I can volunteer for.

I have serious doubts that the rest of the cavers in Texas would want
to drive to northeast Houston.    But the people
flying in from the rest of the country would find that location
convenient.     But the purpose of the NSS holding in places
like Houston, is to encourage NSS participation from different regions.

Lake Houston State Park is only 30 minutes northeast of the airport,
and the NSS could probably afford to rent all
the facilities there, and then the guest would not have to get a hotel.

David Locklear
NSS 27639