>From Dictionary.com:

public servant
–noun
a person holding a government office or job by election or appointment; person
in public service.
Origin:
1670–80

I appreciate the valuable job the BLM does in protecting natural and cultural
resources, but I feel that an employee of a government agency should lose track
of the fact that they are a public servant, with all the fine implications of
that term.