  From: James McLane
  To: Roger Moore ; mark.al...@l-3com.com ; bmixon...@austin.rr.com ; Texas
Cavers
  Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 5:18 PM
  Subject: RE: [Texascavers] OT - The Relevance of Public Libraries

  A year or so ago Science magazine ran an article by a couple of professors
arguing that in the near future there will be no need for human literacy.
Computers responding to the human voice will have the ability to file and
retrieve audio files as quickly, easily and efficiently as they handle text
files today. Information will be stored as audio and video, not text.

  When this brave new world arrives, libraries will be obsolete since nobody
will bother to learn to read or write.