From: mark.al...@l-3com.com [mailto:mark.al...@l-3com.com]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 9:53 AM
To: ellie :); texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: RE: [Texascavers] TSA Spring Convention-thanks!

I especially want to thank Ellie for a great job, once again, and for Michael
for holding down registration.

And a HUGE thanks to Fritz Holt for pinch hitting for me for the Kickapoo
Cavern trips Sunday.

I really wanted to be more active in the whole Convention weekend, but a rude
wakeup call at 3 AM from a 6-7mm size kidney stone changed my plans.

Instead, my lovely wife accompanied me to Val Verde Hospital in Del Rio where I
spent most of Saturday in a morphine-induced haze until a stent was inserted.

I came out of surgery around the time of the TSA Business Meeting and would
have much rather been at the Convention than in recovery.

All in all, it was a very interesting weekend and thanks to all who helped and,
thank God, my wife, who never goes to caving events ordinarily, decided to come
to this one!

Great location, as well, and I hope we go there again!

Mark