Dont forget Honey Creek, sump dives and pushing the mud, resurvey of Amazing
Maze, and I know the rest of you know of other, secret caves.
Happy Caving !!

________________________________
From: "mark.al...@l-3com.com" <mark.al...@l-3com.com>
To: texascavers@texascavers.com
Sent: Fri, October 22, 2010 11:14:08 AM
Subject: [Texascavers] New Project! Inner Space Caverns

Let it never be said that there aren't enough opportunities to go caving in
Texas!

Between all of our existing TSA projects (CBSP, Gov't Canyon, Longhorn), the
new
Devils River Project, TSS' Lake Amistad Project, the DFWG's Spring Creek Cave
project, and a load of other less publicized projects out there, just pick a
weekend and there will be something to do and somewhere to go.

As long as they're announced here and entered into the wonderful TSA Calendar.

Which leads us to our next new Project!

I began discussions over a month ago, during a sojourn to Longhorn, and after
having given a cave talk to a large group of Boy Scout leaders near Salado.

The general manager and landowner were very interested in beginning volunteer
activities with the TSA at this spectacular cave and, IMHO, one of the best
show
caves in the Southwest.

Here's what they initially would like for us to do:

Power Washing the trails - After hours (they close at 5:30) and using their
equipment. Rubber boots or tennis shoes recommended.

Algae cleanup from formations - Ditto, but if you have resto equipment, you're
welcome to bring it.

I'm thinking this would be a Friday night and/or a Saturday night project, for
as long as it takes or folks are interested, and they also have graciously
volunteered to take volunteers on a wild cave tour, either Saturday day or
Sunday AM.

No dates have been set, as I'm just trying to gauge the interest level. This
would be an excellent project for college cavers, due to it's proximity to
Austin (and DFW, for that matter).

Please contact me offline and I'll put you down.

Thanks again and hope to hear from YOU!

Mark