Have you been to one of these meetings in the past? The Wikipedia web site
claims the conference gets 20,000 attendees, but there are only 15,000 ASH
members. It would appear that one of these numbers must be incorrect.

I'm not sure even the American Chemical Society, which has over 160,000
members, has 20,000 attendees at a national meeting (though they have two
meetings per year, as there isn't a convention site large enough for everyone
to meet just once per year).

Diana

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Diana R. Tomchick
Associate Professor
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Department of Biochemistry
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Rm. ND10.214B
Dallas, TX 75390-8816, U.S.A.