From: Allan Cobb [mailto:a...@oztotl.com]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 2:37 PM
To: 'TexasCavers'
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] Location for TCR

Well a week has passed since I offered to let someone come up with a better
location.  As expected, no one did.

Did anyone even try?  I doubt it.

Over the past week, I thought about why I even bother organizing TCR if a
very vocal minority will do nothing but complain.  Is it really worth it?  I
think it is, that is why I do it.

I've noticed that those who complain the most are the ones who actually do
little or nothing to make TCR happen.  Yet their vocal complaining is an
irritation that I frankly don't need.  It is also an irritation to others.
Coming to TCR is your personal choice.  If you choose not to come, fine, you
miss the fun.

TCR is put together by a very dedicated group of volunteers who spend more
hours than they care to count getting everything ready, running, and
breaking down TCR.  Trust me, we don't do all this work to make ourselves
heroes, we do it so that other can come out and have fun.  Other than a few
key volunteers, no one ever really sees all the people who work to make TCR
happen. I want to thank all these people who put their time and effort into
TCR. Thank you volunteers, thank you very much

If people still want to complain about the location, go ahead, it really
isn't too late to cancel TCR.

Allan