RE: Weekend Work Trip August 28 & 29

Cavers,

I am planning a Weekend Work Trip to Laguna de Sanchez to work the road down
to the ranch at La Camotera where our vehicles were stranded during the
Hurricane Alex rains in early July. There are some areas that need a
backhoe, but much of the 4 Km road can be driven by straddling the washout
gouges with the 4WD vehicles that need some help to get past some obstacles.

Join us for a quick trip to Mexico to help out some cavers who are trying to
get there vehicles back from a Caving trip. There was a backho in town that
may be for hire. I have some rock bars, shovels, picks, and a chain winch
that can provide a better work out than the gym. I need several folks and
another driver. The Road to Laguna was accessible via Saltillo where the
Santiago way in still lacked a section through the box canyon. We are trying
to get to WGS 84 - [ 25.3146, -100.210] or [ N 25 18.876 W 100 12.600 ]

A chronological trip down the road are posted at the following public link.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2078702&id=1422061735&l=f260019c74

nd another . We are leaving out on Friday afternoon, work Saturday and
Sunday, and return on Monday. Give me a call or reply to my email to share
in the fun that will help out your fellow caver and the Rancher who has been
cutoff for a couple of months.

Gary Franklin
UT Grotto - Austin Texas
512-585-6057