The July 13th meeting of the Permian Basin Speleological Society opened at 1901, an unofficial opening to be sure (no gavel. Again) but an opening nonetheless.

Attending: Tony, Bill, Walter, new (also former) member Allen Laman, and Jacqui.

Treasurer's report: Bill Bentley reported that we again have $738.40. The health and stability of the treasury moved us right along to new business as Bill made a motion that we lower our dues to $10.00. Bill's motion was seconded by Walter and discussion included the information that we used to need $15.00 from each member because we were mailing out the Hole News and we don't do that anymore.

Other facts that came out in discussion: PBSS currently has 15 members. Bill has sent emails to all cavers whose memberships have expired, asking if they would like to re-up. We do have some student members who may have budgeting issues (they are students, after all) so we didn't discuss for long before we decided to create a student rate of $5.00 (full-time students only) and also reduce the associate rate to $5.00.

The new rate of $10.00 with associate memberships at $5.00 and full-time students also at $5.00 passed unanimously. The change is effective immediately.

Bill is working on a trip to Comanche Springs in Ft. Stockton but it needs to be a survey trip. Bill is looking into finding a sketcher-mapper person who may wish to join us for this trip. Potential dates September 11th or 25th. Lori Hales has a contact for a cave near Balmorhea and she hopes to have us set up for a trip in the fall or winter. A couple of PBSSers have been to this cave a long, long time ago.

Walter reported from the Fort Stanton project and passed along a personal invitation from Steve Peerman to Bill Bentley to involve himself in the Fort Stanton Project. (We were assured that all of us are welcome, even without the personal invitation).

We decided to poll the membership regarding whether or not we want to do another Carlsbad rock haul.

We did not set another Five Mouth dig date but will plan another dig when it cools off a bit.

Bill asked if anyone was interested in a not-caving trip to Big Bend as his permit is good through December 2010. We all said yes, we are.

We briefly discussed NSS's request that Internal Organizations consider the direction they want to see taken by the NSS and submit appropriate motions to the Board of Governors. No motions came to anybody's mind.

We received contact information for a company that makes patches and will make as few as 50. Jacqui will look into how much it would cost for us to have some new PBSS patches made.

The meeting closed at 2001 hours.

Jacqui Thomas