I decided to not take anybody's advice.

I will be driving my mini-van in the direction towards Vermont.

I hope to leave the Houston area  by 9 a.m. this morning ( Friday, July 30 ).

I can stop along the way to pick up 1 convention bound caver in New
Orleans-LA, Meridian-MS, Gadsen-AL, Chattanooga-TN,
Roanoke-VA, Hattiesburg-MD, Scranton-PA, Albany-NY.

I can pick up 3 cavers in upstate NY, if my car makes it that far.
That is my #1 concern, is that my old car won't
make that kind of drive.

I have 2 cells on the road: Boost-mobile-: 281-960-0687 & Sprint: 281-995-8487

My Boost-mobile does walkie-talkie at: 143*575*346

I am travelling with at least 2 strangers I am picking up that I met
on Craigslist and dropping one off near Allentown, PA.,
and in the other in Woodstock.   We are going to be a travelling zoo
until I drop them off ( 2 cats, 1 dog and a couple of finches
in 2 bird cages ).

Please forward this note to any caving list serves in TAG, Virginia,
our along the route above, or any cavers you know
looking for a ride along that route.

It may not be a realistic goal to get to Essex Junction, but that is
the direction I am going to be driving in.

David Locklear
caver in Fort Bend County
NSS # 27639