-----Original Message-----
From: David [mailto:dlocklea...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 5:05 AM
To: Cavers Texas
Subject: [Texascavers] personal - heading east

I decided to not take anybody's advice.

I will be driving my mini-van in the direction towards Vermont.

Okay, David, all well and good. But, I want to know why you didn't take Ediger up on his offer on Feb 1? Surely this would have been easier than all the gymnastics you've gone through in the interim. Yeah, you'd have been gone 2 weeks, but you might be gone that long anyway (or longer, depending on the criminal records of your riders) and the overall cost of trip vs. income probably would have been less. Plus, you wouldn't be running the risk of being punched in the head by somebody you don't know that you found on CreepsList. This whole episode has a type of Occam's razor quality about it. The simplest solution was dismissed in favor of a complicated process, comprised of infinite variables, with no guarantees of success.

Oh well, best of luck...and watch your back. Do it differently next year. Ediger's last line, below, probably still is true, at least with respect to your drive.