There are several hundred cavers in Texas, and if you're going to let
the comments of 2 or 3 turn you away from caving then perhaps your skin
is too thin for this sport.  I'm not trying to offend you I'm only
making a point that the opinions or comments on Texascavers have nothing
to do with what you'll experience on caving trips.  If you limit your
caving experiences to only your family and friends then you won't be
learning from some of the best and most experienced cavers in the world.
And you will miss out on some of the most enjoyable aspects of caving
which is traveling with a bunch of total strangers, camping, camp fire
stories, surveying, conventions.  Not to mention that if you only cave
with your friends and family you'll miss out on the best caves which are
generally only accessible through other cavers.

We want and need Minnows such as yourself.  There are far too many old
timers and not enough new cavers to take up the new and or existing
caving projects.  Attend your local grotto meetings, and invite yourself
(and your friends) on announced trips.  It won't be long and you'll have
more caving opportunities than you can handle, plus a new family of
caver friends.

Kurt