Minnow,
I know I've had some stuff said about me, but I can tell you right now that I
won't stop caving with any of these people. I mean only one of the messages
even slightly offended me and i really think it was probably meant more as a
joke.

 As for learning the best way to do that is to go caving with these people. I
don't know a single caver who isn't willing to pass on knowledge. I've only
been caving now for 4 maybe 5 years now and have learned more than I can tell
you, but I only learn about recent news and trips on here. Most of what i learn
I learn by descending underground with some of the very same people I've been
debating with on here.

I mean we did it off list, but Andy(who I don't think I've ever met in person)
and I debated for a while until, literally, we both just agreed to disagree. We
found our points that we could agree on. Like it's not smart to cave the entire
time with a gun (though he felt it shouldn't have even made it to a cave) and
that it's bad form to just shoot animals for being in the way.  Without this
discussion though we might not have seen how each other felt about the subject
and so now I know who would be made uncomfortable by the presence of a gun.
That's important so I don't make them uncomfortable.

This all said, Guns are like politics and religion, when debated things will
get heated.  Come to Colorado Bend or one of the other open trips and you'll
see most people just have a great time.
 Matt Turner

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it." - Aristotle

"Empty pockets never held anyone back.Only empty heads and empty hearts can do
that."- Norman Vincent Peale