Welcome aboard Leah.  I've added you to the mailing list.  Feel free
state, so chances are you can find one close to you, to meet local
cavers.

I'm including some links to help get you a bit more info.  The NSS has
a lot of good info for new cavers if you haven't already found it.

Grottos in or near Texas:
http://www.nssio.org/find_grotto_overview.cfm?state=TX
National Speleological Society  http://caves.org/
Texas Speleological Association  http://cavetexas.org/

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know
Charles