Hahahaha.  Why is this so politically charged?!  It's a legitimate
question!  I'd imagine if we knew so much about it, we'd have designed
sat-nav signals to be effective at any stage in the solar flare cycle, at
its maximum and minimum outputs.  That sounds like a good basis of design to
me.

I think it's a fair expectation to say "if the sun is sending more radiant
energy at earth, does that mean it will get warmer here?" without
politically polarizing the chat room.

Interesting article anyhow.

-B

--