Let's see now.  I pay for a Texas Caver with my dues to the TSA.   Then I
receive my electronic copy off the TSA website.  Then I get in my  car and
drive to the FedEx or wherever to pay for a printed version.  All  to save the
TSA a little money and the editor some grief.  Now multiply  this scenario
4 times a year for about half the TSA membership.  I  don't believe that's a
better world for anyone.

I agree with Mixon that a two-tiered system has probably come of age for
the TSA.  But it also means that dues should be proportionally reduced for
those that choose to receive an electronic copy of the TxCvr.  Unless, of
course, the reason for reducing the costs of the TxCvr is to create a large
cash surplus for the TSA.

Saving the TSA money is a noble goal but providing the membership with
tangible services is really the purpose of the whole organization.  The
membership is quite diverse and their needs should be accommodated as much  as
possible, not made to feel defensive because they aren't the same as some
faction within the group.  I'm disappointed that in the present discussion,
there are some that feel that their view has got to be the only reasonable
way.  Why not work toward a reasonable compromise that works for all the
membership ?

The current discussion regarding whether or not a hardcopy version of  the
TxCvr should be published has thus far produced nothing to provide better
services for the membership and caused mostly dissension in an organization
that  needs more members and participation.  I'm a little surprised that the
Chairman thought this was an interesting way to stir up the restive
masses.  Let sleeping dogs lie.

Jerry.

In a message dated 12/14/2009 8:31:16 A.M. Central Standard Time,