Hola Cristina,

The Honey Creek Cave tank haul was aborted yesterday. Twenty-five people went
down the shaft entrance and started
going upstream. The water was the highest I've ever seen it and the current was
strong. An hour into the cave
it was sumped, and besides, people were already feeling a little tired from
fighting the strong current. We
aborted the trip then. Kurt Menking and I thought that the water was ever
higher on the way out than on the way
in, so it might have been rising while we were in the cave, and of course
that's dangerous.

You have been in the cave and to the HS Sump, so the answsers to your questions
are simple. The cave is exactly
the same whether it's hot or cold outside, with the one exception that when
it's hot outside the air can be
of a lesser quality in the cave.

Here's what you do when you come out of the cave and it's cold outside: You go
straight you vehicle, you take off
your wetsuit, you dry yourself thorougly with a towel, and you get dressed in
dry, warm clothes. And you do that
as fast as you can.

What affects people more caving in the winter is that they don't have a warm
enough sleeping bag. What works well
is to either have a fleece sleeping bag that you put inside of your regular one
and get inside of the both (we got
our fleece sleeping bags at Walmart for $10 each about 5 years ago, and use
them as our sleeping bags in the Texas
summer) or you have two sleeping bags and put one inside the other. You should
also wear long underwear at night
to help you stay warm.

I will address your gear issues when I comment on what Dave Locklear had to say
about your questions.

NOTE: The three weekends in a row plan at Honey Creek Cave has been rescheduled
to:

Weekend 1 - Feb. 13 - dive gear is taken into the cave and left

Weekend 2 - Feb. 20 - the dive is done and people can take tourists trips in
the cave

Weekend 3 - Feb. 27 - dive is it brought out of the cave.

Regards,

Bill