I remember that when my girls were young and ailing we would apply Vic's
VapoRub to their chest at bed time. I assumed that the perceived benefit was
from breathing the vapors but apparently it goes deeper than that. This
reinforces the belief that many home remedies are more effective than
prescribed ones.
Fritz

________________________________

Subject: vic's vapor rub

VICK'S VapoRub - INTERESTING

  During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can
absorb oils. Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you
can 'taste' it.

  Some of us have used Vick's VapoRub for years for everything from chapped
lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this.
And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who
discovered it aren't sure why. To stop night time coughing in a child (or
adults as we found out personally), put Vick's VapoRub generously on the soles
of your feet, cover with socks, and the heavy, deep coughing will stop in about
5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the
time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough
medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will
sleep soundly

  Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why
cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemicals in
them This method of using Vick's VapoRub on the soles of the feet was found to
be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bed time. In
addition it seems to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who
then went on to sleep soundly.

  My wife tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent
cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm
blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes.So she went from;
every few seconds uncontrollable coughing, to sleeping cough-free for hours
every night she used it.
  If you have children, grandchildren, friends family or loved ones , pass this
on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be amazed at how it works.

DON'T SHUN THIS ONE..
TRY IT THE NEXT TIME YOU GET A BAD COLD.
THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO LOSE IS YOUR COUGH..